The Mosca Group is committed to environmentally sound business practices world-wide. We are dedicated to responsible resource use by pioneering innovations in strapping systems and participating in voluntary programs that go beyond legislative requirements.
In 2011, Mosca GmbH introduced a new “Green Efficiency Technology inside” concept to integrate the company’s commitment to sustainable development into our corporate philosophy. “GET inside” fundamentals are based on these “Responsible Production” principles:
- A climate-neutral strapping production facility in Waldbrunn, Germany that operates predominantly on solar power
- Carbon-neutral PET strapping manufactured with 100% recycled bottle flake.
- All strapping and packaging materials are recyclable after use.
During its 40 year history, Mosca’s emphasis on technological advances as key drivers of innovation has steadily improved environmental equipment efficiency:
- Since the early 1990s, using wear-free direct drives to replace mechanical systems.
- Developing a unique emission-free, powered on-demand ultrasonic welding system for strapping.
- Offering electric press drives to replace energy-intensive, noisier hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Developing equipment that, by virtue of operating efficiency and seal strength, offers users the opportunity to reduce strap size without loss of package integrity, saving material costs and natural resources.
RESPONSIBLE USE OF RESOURCESResponsible resource use also is an important part of EAM-Mosca’s corporate culture. We continue to improve our ecological footprint, balancing economic and environmental concerns. EAM-Mosca’s commitment to the “GET inside” approach derives from adherence to the 3R (Reduce-Reuse-Recycle) philosophy. Actual examples include:
- Reducing use of PET virgin resin by converting to 100% recovered material in our PET strapping with no loss of product performance.
- Reducing electricity consumption by investing in energy efficient dryers, increasing extruder line efficiency, insulating ovens, and installing energy efficient lighting in production and warehouse areas.
- Reducing packaging consumption by lightening corrugated and core weights, increasing coil lengths, offering customers incentives to convert from box to bulk packaging and encouraging customers to return skids and cores for reuse.
- Reducing shipping weight and the need for heat treating export pallets by replacing wood with corrugated pallets.
- Recycling PP and PET strap waste collected from our production and internal machine testing.
- Recycling operational and office waste, generating a 30% reduction of waste disposal to landfill in 3 years.
- Investing in a PP strap production process that enables a 10% reduction in resin content with no loss of strap strength or machine performance.
- Developing integrated strap/equipment solutions that enable customers to reduce the cost and amount of strapping per package with no impact on operating efficiency or package quality. Our lightest straps, 5mm PP and 9mm PET, are also our fastest growing strap products.
CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITYAt EAM-Mosca, we continually refine methods of operation to ensure that all products supplied to our customers are manufactured in the most resource efficient way possible. Learn more about our corporate responsibility policy here.