Applications and New Product Automation Engineer
Performs all duties related to the automation design, programming, electrical engineering, the overall support and improvements of the electromechanical components and systems for strapping machinery and solutions.
- Works with the Sales team to support special requirements in specific applications and to develop application driven solutions.
Documents and reviews all relevant information to ensure visibility of project requirements.
- Understands and applies customer requirements and specifications to the development of custom solutions (Engineer-To-Quote, Engineer-To-Order) and to the New Product Development.
- Perform as a member of the EAM-Mosca Engineering team on order driven, developmental and experimental projects as assigned,
working to meet defined performance and time requirements.
- Provides design input, assists in application analysis and quoting, provides documentation to meet agreed performance and schedules.
- Converts specs into a practical controls design, create and maintain electrical drawings, wiring diagrams and control panel layouts using 3D modeling or 2-dimensional CAD software as provided by the Company.
- Develops and assist with continued development of new PLC and HMI programs and modifications to the existing programs to
achieve defined functionality of strapping machines and systems.
- Reviews programs and design documentation prior to release to ensure functionality, accuracy, and completion.
- Collaborates with Mechanical Design Engineering to integrate automation components into electromechanical systems for a
reliably operating machine that meets design criteria.
- Performs testing and monitor field performance, internally and in the field, to troubleshoot and improve machine performance.
- Commits and delivers project deliverables, on schedule and on cost targets for individual projects.
- Applies the unique aspects of the machine-strap system interface and integrates that learning into each machine design to
maximize overall strapping system performance.
- Provides documentation for the Technical Manual, such as controls description, machine start-up, operation and maintenance, troubleshooting guide,
critical and recommended spare parts over the life of the system.
- Provide application-specific programming for integration of related material handling equipment.
- Work with Company field and operational personnel as well as customers to define specifications for various equipment to be
marketed by EAM-Mosca.
- Supports shop personnel with expert issue investigation and troubleshooting, with training and development of a broader and more specialized skill
set and contributes to the improvement of the machine assembly techniques with work instructions, checklists, and visual aids.
Skills and Experience:
- 4-year degree in Automation Engineering, or equivalent experience with strong electrical foundation and post high school training.
- Minimum 5 years progressive controls design experience, with documented success.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with electromechanical equipment and systems.
- Proficient with engineering data, new item creation and maintenance, project management and change management, in a business
- Experience with CAD design, AutoCAD and Solidworks, in a PDM-PLM environment. Solidworks Electrical a plus.
- Programming in Ladder Logic, C and Structured Text with experience on various hardware including Siemens, Allen Bradley and
- Hands on mechanical aptitude and training a plus.
- Experience with project management, from concept, design, implementation, to documentation and release.
- Ability to refine rough ideas into simple and efficient final designs to assure high performance and cost competitiveness of
- Ability to relate well to customers, salespersons, management and shop personnel to be a part of a cohesive team focused on
overall company success