Maintenance Planner and Reliability Manager
Track and schedule maintenance in a 24/7 plastic extrusion facility. The position is Monday through Friday with
availability on weekends and nights for emergency support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as safety champion to promote safe behavior and wellness within the strapping department.
- Develop and implement Predictive and Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Track department KPIs.
- Analyze production equipment failures, determine causes, make necessary repairs, and establish plans for preventive action.
- Identifies critical spare components and develops a strategy for maintaining adequate inventories at lowest possible costs.
- Procure and coordinate contractors support as needed.
- Establishes relationships with vendors that can perform quick turnaround of critical work.
- Track and trend machine and component performance.
- Develop and support a culture of continuous improvement and teamwork.
- Deploy Maintenance Excellence concepts for maintenance, repair, and installation of equipment.
- Work with other team leaders to meet Safety, Quality, Production and Budgetary goals.
- Provide off-hour support to the Production Team as needed to keep equipment uptime as a maximum.
Profile and Background:
- Minimum AA degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or applicable technical field of study (B.S. a plus).
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawingWorking knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, and automation controls.
- Working knowledge of drives, PLC’s, programming, and industrial communication networks.
- Minimum 5 years’ industrial maintenance experience
- Minimum 2 years’ maintenance planning experience
- Project Management Skills.
- Professional demeanor with attention to detail in a fast pace work environment.
- Experience in plastic extrusion industry a plus.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a Maintenance Excellence program preferred
- Lean Six Sigma experience desired