The Material Handler must possess the ability to perform the following:
- Ensure all trucks unloaded and all receiving are checked.
- Performs a safety check on lifts daily
- Organize outgoing freight as required
- Ensure all trucks or containers are loaded in such a way that products arrive safely
- Check and sign all receiving documentation after ensuring the incoming product is not damaged or is correct as per the purchase order.
- Follow all work instructions relating to the warehouse position.
- Check for any damage, count, and verify the contents and description of every load shown on the purchase order
- If damage is present fill out the required damage report damage to purchasing department or the head of the department or any member of management.
- Ensure all returns are accompanied by an authorization number to be verified
- Pull stock from inventory as per information on the packing list received from the order clerk
- Fills out the required info. On every packing list and copies as per work instructions.
- Ensure all orders are signed off on the bill of lading by the drivers
- Retaining copies of all required paperwork and ensuring it gets to the order clerk
- Apply caution labels where needed.
- Rotates stock as required.
- Keeps warehouse neat and clean.
- Receives all finished strapping, performs a final review on each skid ensures all information on the transfer ticket is accurate from production, and ensures each skid is packaged and labeled correctly before signing
- Ensures every skid is accompanied by the yellow copy of the transfer ticket before putting it in the warehouse
- Ensures all white copies of signed transfer tickets get to the inventory control person
- Ensures all finished strapping is accounted for and received into finished goods inventory
- Puts away everything contained in the holding area such as regrind, non-conforming PET etc.
- Works as Production Assistant as needed or directed