The ROMS6-VA-Sonixs stainless steel side seal strapping machine is designed for superior performance in the cold/wet environments typically found in seafood and animal protein applications.
- The Mosca ROMS-6-VA automatic strapping (banding) machine is a highly reliable, side-sealing system available with a range of control options.
- The MS6-VA-Sonixs is built primarily from high grade stainless steel with very low carbon content to resist corrosion from wet environments. Other key components are made from treated aluminum and brass, as well as plastics.
- The ROMS-6 is built around Mosca’s Standard 6 Strapway with precision strap feeding system for extreme feed reliability. It also features tool-less access to the feed track for fast, easy cleaning and servicing.
- The ROMS-6 can be cycled by the operator using push buttons on the operator panel, or via optional foot-switch. In fully automated applications, a signal exchange option is available that enables the unit to strap automatically when a package is delivered to strap position by the external conveying system.
- The machine can be built into a third party conveyor line or can include a stainless steel constructed power conveyor from Mosca to control package movement through the strapping zone.
- Adjustable strap positioning
- Adjustable conveyor heights from 12″ to 32″ high with special conveyor height spacers offering flexibility.
- 75mm (3.0”) wide arch slips neatly between conveyor sections with no bridging rollers required.
- Two track sizes can be specified: Mosca’s renowned closed track for exceptional feed performance can operate with straps from 5-12 mm. The ROMS6-VA-Sonixs side sealer is offered in track openings of 650mm (25.6”) W x 600mm (23.6”) H.
- Beyond corrosion resistance: The strap-feed wheel is knurled to assure positive engagement with strapping that is typically stiffer and more prone to slip than normal, due to the operating environment. The strap cutting knife is chrome plated for a longer use life. The sonotrode, ultra-sonic welding device is specially coated to prevent any external impacts on strap seal consistency.
- The ROMS6-VA-Sonixs is classified as IP56: The International Ingress Protection or International Protection ratings which are defined to the international standard of EN 60529 (British BS EN 60529:1992, European IEC 60509:1989. These standards are used to define the levels of sealing effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies such as dirt and water.
- PET or PPY: Due to Sonixs ultra-sonic sealing either Polypropylene of PET strapping can be utilized.
- Strap Dispenser Options: For high production requirements, a dual dispenser is available, with or without auto coil changer, to minimize downtime due to coil change. Auto coil change, for PP straps only, consumes only about 12 seconds and doesn’t require immediate operator intervention to maintain continuous operation. A larger, 400 mm diameter coil dispenser is available for PET strapping, allowing more footage per coil and fewer coil changes during production.
- Stainless Steel finish
VERSIONS & OPTIONS
- Dual Dispenser with manual or automatic changeover
- Double Press
- Pneumatic side pusher
- Trouble light and low strap indicator
- Roller Conveyor
- Signal Exchange